Today I am going to review the actions steps I set for myself three days ago. After a couple of days and some reflection, I've realized that some of them are not as SMART as they could be.
The following chart describes what setting "SMART" GOALS looks like. I feel it is just as important to think "SMART" when identifying ACTION STEPS. The Smarter the action steps the more chances are that you will get them done.
Another way of doing this is by asking the questions Why? When? Were? How? and What?, when establishing each action step.
So, here are my reflections on some of the action steps I established for myself for the duration of this Eighty Four Day Experiment.
· Improving my nutrition by cutting out unhealthy carbs.
Well, first of all, in the spirit of complete transparency, I had a Flaky and potato chips
What was more important to me then reaching my goal of eating healthy? I was tired
I wanted to treat myself? I will have to take some time to look at the why of
this action step and change my mindset around what constitutes treating myself
because I know the effects of unhealthy eating on my physical, emotional and mental
well-being. Here are some questions I will ask myself around this particular goal…
- How will I support myself in making this action step a priority every day?
- How can I clearly define “Improving my nutrition”?
- What are unhealthy carbs and why am I cutting them out?
- What other aspects of my well-being will be positively affected when I reach this goal?
- How can I define a more specific and SMARTER action step that will allow me to reach this goal?
· One hour a day spent working on my coaching model.
· One hour a day spent working on my workshop series.
· One hour a day spent working on marketing strategies.
· One hour a day working on my talk series.
These four action steps are in the “Work” category of my life.
I was very enthusiastic when I wrote these down three days ago but now, I’m
questioning just how realistic they are.
I neglected to factor in the fact that I will be working part time during the week.
In order to make these action steps more realistic and attainable, I will adjust them in the
- On the days I am working I will devote two hours to these action steps (30
minutes per goal).
Feel free to comment in the comment section below.
Do you have any questions on setting your own goals and action steps?
What would be the goals and action steps you would set for your own Eighty Four Day
Experiment....or just in general?
Create an awesome day!