Today I am giving some thought to accountability and what it means in terms of achieving our goals.
The past three days have been very productive for me. I have accomplished more than I thought I could and I have to say, I have ended the day feeling pretty proud of myself. I know a big part of that was the fact that I wrote down my daily goals and held myself accountable by committing to the entries in this blog.
Accountability supports us in getting things done, even if and when we don't really feel like doing the work. It's basically a motivational tool.
Here are some ways to use accountability when in the pursuit of your goals.
- Make a list of what you want to accomplish during the day. Check off each item once it's completed and review the list at the end of the day.
- Write a personal mission statement. What do you want to accomplish in the next year? Who do you want to be? What are the things that are most important to you? Once you've created the mission statement read it every morning and put it somewhere were you will walk by it everyday. For ideas on how to write a personal mission statement go to https://www.success.com/how-to-write-your-personal-mission-statement/
- Work with a coach or mentor.
- Share your plans with a friend who will encourage and motivate you. (Be careful to choose wisely as some people, consciously or unconsciously, will sabotage your efforts.
- Use some form of accountability and goal setting app:
- Goal Setting Successfully
- Goal Setting & Daily Planner
- goalmap : SMART goal setting
- Set up a reward system that you will get excited about. What kind of treats do you like?
Now, on the subject of accountability, I was really tempted to bail on my hour walk today. But I am going to have my dinner and put on my running choose and "Just Do IT".
If you are interested in setting up a FREE 30 MINUTE CONSULTATION to see how coaching can help you set and achieve you goals, you can do so by clicking the following link.
Have an awesome evening!