Yesterday, I wrote about self-care and one of the areas of self-care is emotional well being.
Today, I chose to write about happiness. Many books have been written on the topic and I have read quite a few of them. And in researching for this blog, I found a few more....note to self...add to reading list.
Here are some things I have learned so far:
- Our happiness depends on us.
- Our happiness depends on how well we take care of the 6 areas of self-care.
- Our happiness depends on whether we have well defined values and whether we live in alignement with those values.
- We are not always going to feel positive emotions, negative emotions are important, they guide our lives and our actions. They are also part of the awesome experience of life.
- The more gratitude we bring into our daily life the happier we will be.
- Waiting for someone to MAKE us happy is a bad idea. There is a name for that...co-dependance. Trust me...I have tested this one.
- Happiness is a long studied topic and a long sought after state.
- We are more in control of our happiness then we might think.
Here are some ways to bring more happiness into our life:
- Practice gratitude.
- Find meaning and purpose.
- Figure out what we love doing and do more of that.
- Connect with nature on a regular basis.
- Cultivate positive, supportive relationships.
- Set goals for ourself that are in alignement with our values.
- Get physically active.
- Stay away from negative social media..
- Listen to uplifting music and watch inspiring movies and documentaries.
- Create a beautiful, relaxing home environment for ourself.
There are surely many other ways to cultivate happiness. I would love to hear some of your ideas!
Create an awesome day!