Then, there is the type of leadership that holds us accountable for our experience on this planet. It's the conviction that our life is a reflection of our own beliefs, our own thoughts and our own behaviours. Yes, there are many things that "happen" to us that are out of our control, but personal leadership means clearly identifying the areas that are in our control and committing to taking responsibility for those areas. We don't waste our time complaining about people and things that are none of our business because we are way to busy playing and creating within a strong and clear internal locus of control.
When we decide to exert leadership in our own lives we :
- Take full responsibility for our emotions and do whatever we need to do to take care of ourselves.
- Take full responsibility for our actions.
- Become curious about all our experiences and use them as opportunities to learn about ourselves and grow.
- Understand our limits, realize and recognize what is out of our control and then identify what is, in order to move forward.
- Never play the victim and expect other people or outside circumstances to change in order to suit our needs.
- Set boundaries and clearly communicate our needs to others.
- Feel empowered to create the very best life for ourselves because we know we can!!!
Create an awesome day!